User access from Google Ads
Google Ads users are automatically granted Analytics roles when you link Google Ads account with GA4. You can manage access to allow Google Ads users to use Analytics features from within Google Ads, such as creating Analytics audiences from Google Ads.
- In a Google Ads account, users are categorized into five different access levels, each with specific permissions:
Google Ads Account Administrator: This user has full control over the Google Ads account.
Google Ads Account Standard: Users with standard access have regular privileges within the account.
Google Ads Account Read-Only: Read-only users can view but not modify account settings.
Google Ads Account Billing: Billing users manage financial aspects of the account.
Google Ads Account Email-Only: These users have limited access, primarily for receiving notifications and communications.
- These Google Ads linked users are then assigned roles within the linked Analytics property by the Analytics Administrator. To create Analytics audiences from within Google Ads, these linked users must have Administrator, Editor, or Marketer privileges on the connected property.
|If you have this Google Ads account access level
||You are assigned to this Google Ads linked user
||Which has this recommended Analytics role assignment
||Google Ads account <account number> administrator
||Google Ads account <account number> standard
||Google Ads account <account number> read-only
||Google Ads account <account number> billing
||Google Ads account <account number> email-only
As an Analytics Administrator, you have the authority to manage Google Ads linked users’ access and permissions. Follow these steps to assign recommended Analytics roles for a linked Google Ads account:
1. Go to Google Analytics and click on “Admin.”
2. Make sure you’re in the right account and property where the Google Ads account is linked.
3. Under the Property column, find “PRODUCT LINKS” and click on “Google Ads Links.”
4. From the list of linked accounts, click the arrow at the end of the row corresponding to the account you want to edit.
5. Click “See default roles” under User access to view existing roles.
6. Click “Apply” to assign the recommended Analytics roles to the linked Google Ads account.